Michael J Bowman on "social" media >>> @gallerymjb.bsky.social

Who the fuck are you, and why are you sneaking around my blog? Come to have a peck at my carcass have you?

FUCK OFF AND DIE

My experiences on social media are not social, and include being suspended from twitter for posting anti-monarchy stuff shortly after Queen Elizabeth died. My FB account has been blocked by my state senator who is also my country's foreign minister, I assume for constantly posting "Free West Papua" every time she posts something about Indonesia. And now I've been "shadow banned" on Mastodon (they call it "unlisted") for posting a lot of stuff about the Gaza-Israel situation. I understand Mastodon.world's decisions, the owner of that Mastodon server has graciously allowed me to post there, and it is the owner's prerogative to host me or not. I thank him for his hospitality and for what he and the other mastodon servers do for free speech. But I'm done with being silenced by unseen moderators and thin skinned users.

The whole thing started sometime during 2021, I was trying to get the noisy pub across the street to lower it's volume, and the beligerence and hostility I encountered branched out into other battlegrounds, and I soon became obsessed with trying to correct the injustice of the world via Twitter, Facebook and Mastodon.

This was not my first foray into social media. I'd been on SM for years as an artist, using pseudonyms like Poplow Pigasso, Velveeta Heartbreak, Marker Magus and others.

But this was the first time I'd tried to be political on social media. I raged on everything from the global climate crisis to dog poo issues with my local council.

I was suspended from Twitter, "silenced" on Mastodon (they call it "unlisted"), and shadow banned on Facebook.

If you want to see what thoughts and opinions of mine were so dangerous, so offensive, that I had to be CW'd into oblivion, have a look. They can't disappear me that easily. I've screenshotted the entire mess, and uploaded it to the Internet Archive.

UPDATE: just deleted my threads and twitter/x profiles. The only one still up is @gallerymjb.bsky.social (as long as they remain ad free)

Back to Gallerymjb Homepage/Main Menu

© Michael J Bowman - All Rights Reserved